Friday, June 21, 2013

a birthday post

i have a confession. i am a huge birthday tryhard – it’s my one of my (few) caaj shortcomings. i feel like a caaj birthday girl would be one of those really cool, understated people with a minimalist facebook profile with no birthday listed. the kind of girl who wants no attention on her birthday. in fact, the kind of girl who does not even remember it’s her birthday. the kind who is as annoyed about somebody knowing it’s her birthday as she is when someone asks “is that new?” about something that she’s wearing. damn, i wish i was that cool, but i’m not.

i love my birthday. since the day i was born into this great little world until now, my birthday has been treated as a national holiday within my family (for my parents -- because they want to, and for my brothers – because my parents force them to act like it’s a national holiday). it’s the one day of the year where i love being the center of attention (fine, i’m lying – i love being the center of attention always). i wake up feeling like a princess, I put on a special outfit, make my hair extra special, allow myself two donuts except one, and generally have a big special smile plastered on my face all day (until the end of the day, when i realize it’s over and it’s a huge letdown and i cry a little secretly…)

but i must say, birthdays are an event that brings out the ultimate tryhard behavior. i mean the entire point of your birthday is to scream to the world how much everyone loves you – the facebook posts, the non-stop texts, the presents, the pictures, the big party, the paparazzi – there is nothing caaj in there, my friends. birthdays are all about showcasing to the world how much you are loved and how many people are soooooooo glad that you were brought into this world and that, my dear readers, is not caaj, not caaj at all.

BUT, i have some gooooooooooooooood news. i think – actually, I BELIEVE – that if you are super caaj year-around, it is A-OK to act like a tryhard princess on your birthday. and guess what, guys!! this is MAH blog and i make the rules!!! so go ahead, celebrate your birthday as big as you want. And don’t forget to parcel over a couple cupcakes (or a dozen) to via caaj kim’s casa in milano. grazie mille!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment